Friday 19 July 2013

When Will My Twins Notice Each Other?

When I first had my twins, who are now 7 months by the way, one of my first thoughts was how they'll be able to play together and keep each other entertained; thinking that would happen right from the start. In actual fact, it's only been in the last month that my boys have finally realised the other one exists. You'd think being crammed into the same uterus, and being kicked by your sibling on a daily basis would make you realise there was someone else in close proximity to you. You'd also think that a baby would notice another baby who looks just like him when they stare at each other, or when they lie next to each other screaming for their milk. Well, you'd be wrong.




If you want to know when your twins will first notice each other, I wouldn't expect anything until around 6 months old. By then my boys actually started paying attention to each other. There would be the odd smile or giggle, but usually only one would really be looking at the other, without a response. 
Before 6 months they would always listen to each other cry, normally one would let the other cry and then when it went silent so he could catch his breath, the other would most graciously take over the screaming. But they still didn't really know each other were there.

Now, as the video below shows you, my boys are fascinated with each other, everything they do is hysterical to the other. All those hard nights, which to be honest are still difficult from time to time, are worth it when I watch this video. Watch how Dylan (my eldest by 2 minutes), has hiccups and it is clearly the funniest thing ever to Sebastian on the left:



If you have twins I'd love to hear from you and hear about your experiences. I'll be sharing more about mine soon.

Lots of love,

Samantha Dawn

xoxo Follow on Bloglovin

Find Samantha on: Google+   Twitter   Instagram   Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment