Tuesday 16 July 2013

DermaH20 Water Wipes Review

If you're a mum-to-be or a new parent you've probably heard of WaterWipes. WaterWipes are made with 99.9% water and 0.1% fruit extract, and are suitable from birth. They are free from chemical preservatives, allergy friendly and help avoid nappy rash. The company who produce them, Derma H20, emphasise the fact that WaterWipes are all natural wipes, and don't contain any harmful chemicals found in other baby wipes. These chemicals can be found even in those produced by leading brands such as Pampers, Huggies etc. I'll be the first one to admit that, prior to hearing of WaterWipes I was quite happily going to use standard wet wipes without any question as to the chemical ingredients. Surely we can trust baby brands not to add ingredients that are harmful to babies skin? Maybe not.




Prior to buying my first pack of WaterWipes, I did question whether it was worth spending money on something that is essentially just water; however the guilt of being a new parent and potentially harming my baby with 'chemical wipes' took over me and I gave in. I did hesitate before placing my order online, at Amazon you can buy 12 packs for £25, which again seems a lot for a water based product you use once and throw away. I placed four orders of £25 whilst my babies were newborns, looking back that was £100 on some baby wipes that are just made of water!!!
Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that they contain no chemicals, and my twins didn't get any nappy rash whilst using the products, (although we no longer use WaterWipes and they still don't have nappy rash so that could have just been coincidence). 

In hindsight, what was wrong with a bit of cotton wool and some water? It would have saved me a lot of money in the long run. 

I'm not saying don't buy WaterWipes. They are a lazy alternative to cotton wool and water, and in the newborn months you certainly need to have some quick easy alternatives. It is a lot easier to open a packet of wipes and clean your babies tushy rather than go and get some water, get the cotton wool out and clean them up. Having said that, I think DermaH20 have certainly played on the dangers of other baby wipes, focusing on them being harmful which obviously makes new parents stop using anything but, yes you guessed it, WaterWipes. Well I can't knock them for that as it certainly worked with me and other mums I know.

Will I continue to use WaterWipes now my babies are 7 months old? No. I switched to ordinary fragrance free baby wipes to use when I'm out and about (for ease) and cotton wool and water when I'm at home. I stopped buying them when my babies were around 4 months old as I think they are a good buy for newborn babies, but now my babies are getting a little bigger and I've had a little more sleep, I think I can manage to clean them the old fashioned way, with water from my tap. 

WaterWipes retail at just over £2 a pack, which is higher than your standard pack of baby wipes. I have to say the price itself is a little baffling, I mean they can't cost that much to make, can they?!

I suppose you're wondering would I recommend these for your little one? Well, I do for those early newborn months, if only to save you the trouble of using cotton wool and water. Other than that, there are cheaper alternatives that do the job just as well, if not better, so I'd save your money.

Have you used WaterWipes? What did you think of them? I'd love to hear about your experience and if you like them or not.

Don't forget to follow me for more baby related product reviews and general mummy chat.

Lots of love,

Samantha Dawn

xoxo




Follow on Bloglovin

Find Samantha on: Google+   Twitter   Instagram   Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment