Tuesday 16 July 2013

What's in my Twin Changing/Diaper Bag

Hi blog friends,

Thought I'd share with you my must-haves for my twin changing bag. My changing bag is from the very popular Yummy Mummy range by Pink Lining, and retails at £79. This particular bag is an old design and no longer available to buy as new designs are brought out to replace the old ones. However you might be able to find someone selling one on eBay.


yummy mummy pink bow diaper changing baby bag


You can watch my YouTube video on my changing bag(s) here, or you can read the list below for more details on what I pack when I go out with my boys!

 


Ok, so my essentials for travelling with my little ones, it's pretty much the same for a singular baby, just times everything by two!


  • A travel changing mat, one of those mini fold out ones that wipe clean easily
  • Nappies - definitely an essential!
  • Wipes or cotton wool
  • Nappy sacks to discard of those delightful packages
  • Nappy cream, such as Sudocrem, Bepanthen etc.
  • Hand Steriliser Alcohol Gel
  • Spare Soothers and Lids to keep them clean (if you use them)
  •  Sterilised Baby Bottles/Teats/Drinking Cups
  • Baby Milk Powder/Pre-made millk/Expressed milk (if needed)
  • Teething gel, calpol sachets, any other medication
  • Bibs
  • Mits/Gloves
  • Socks
  • Vests
  • Hats
  • Outerwear (Cardigans, Jackets etc.)
  • Clothes (T-Shirts, Rompers, Trousers etc.)
  • Sun Cream Factor 50 (if needed)
  • Muslin Cloths
  • Blankets
  • Spoons and food (if needed)
  • Baby Scissors
  • Teethers/Toys
The amount of nappies you may need in a day for twins could be 10 nappies per baby. I always over-pack on things like nappies, milk powder, dummies and calpol sachets; because you just don't know how unpredictable these little monkeys can be. The other day I got through 10 nappies by early afternoon with my two!

Obviously there is quite a lot here to pack, especially as I'm packing for two babies and my bag doesn't really fit everything in. Normally I will carry powder/bottles in a separate carrier bag; I think any bag would be too bulky if you could fit everything in it.

I know Yummy Mummy bags are a little on the expensive side, but they are really gorgeous bags. The one downside to these bags is that the material can get dirty quite quickly, and I would suggest only using this bag on proper day trips, or when you're meeting up with friends rather than using it every day. I have a cheaper changing bag that I use for quick trips to the shops or everyday errands which I don't mind if it gets dirty or not. I think every new mummy deserves a nice changing bag to carry around with them, and these pink lining bags are the cutest on the market. I also love the Storksak leather changing bags, but they're in the £200 price range so I think I may hold off on that for now!

Let me know what you pack for your little ones and what changing bag you have. I love talking to other mummies :)

Lots of love,

Samantha Dawn
xoxo

Follow on Bloglovin

Find Samantha on: Google+   Twitter   Instagram   Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment