Monday 5 August 2013

TOPSHOP LIPS Infrared Lipstick Review

TOPSHOP released their lipstick range back in 2010, and at first I wasn't too bothered about rushing out to try them. After a while I was on a hunt for a good orange lipstick and I decided that instead of buying the YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Le Orange that I was initially after, I would go for a cheaper alternative instead. That's when I purchased TOPSHOP's LIPS Infrared LipstickI had read such great things about this lipstick and I couldn't wait to give it a try, it sounded like the perfect alternative to the expensive high end brands.
topshop infrared lips lipstick review

The lipstick packaging isn't anything too extravagant, the lipstick sits in a black box, and the lipstick holder is white with a plain design, although for £8 I wasn't expecting anything too spectacular. 
topshop infrared lips lipstick review

On Topshop.com the lipstick is described as being a 'velvet finish lipstick to smooth, moisture and nourish lips. Apply for fabulous colour and moisturised, matte finish, wear alone or with gloss for a shiny finish.' First thing I want to do is address TOPSHOP's own description of their product. When applying Infrared, I do agree that it gives your lips some moisture and is smooth to apply, I'll even say it's a fabulous colour when opening the packaging. However, what I don't agree with from their description is that firstly this isn't a matte lipstick. If you see from my pictures of this lipstick, it leaves a shiny finish, there is no need for gloss. I think the shine the lipstick has when worn is probably one of the main reasons I dislike this lipstick.

topshop infrared lips lipstick review

I have to also be honest and say that when taking my Infrared lipstick out of it's packaging, the colour looked gorgeous and I was so excited to try this lipstick. After applying it to my lips I was immediately disappointed, I'm not sure why but I just did not like the colour on me at all. I have seen other beauty bloggers wear this lipstick and they have the same pale skin I do and it looked amazing on them. For me personally I found the colour to be too weak, and this lipstick will not last very long without further applications. It also needs more than one coat, whereas a similar (better) orange lipstick such as MAC's Morange is more pigmented and lasts longer.

topshop infrared lips lipstick swatch

This is the first and only TOPSHOP lipstick that I have tried so far, and for £8 I am rather disappointed with it. It isn't the most expensive lipstick, but I have purchased cheaper lipsticks that I prefer to this. 
I'm still intrigued to try the other lipsticks by TOPSHOP, but I'm not holding out on any of them being any different to this one. I would not recommend buying this lipstick, for £8 you are much better off trying out different high street brands, and if all else fails go for a high end lipstick, as they may be more expensive but at least they are more worth the money.

Let me know what you think of infrared, i'd like to know if you love it or hate it.

Lots of love,
Samantha Dawn
xoxo

Follow on Bloglovin

Find Samantha on: Google+   Twitter   Instagram   Facebook   YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment